Monday, June 18, 2007

Tour with GoTourNZ and go home fitter and lighter!



The record for the most weight gained by a member on one of our guided tours stands at 9lbs. Yes, there's a lot of great food, fantastic wines and fab boutique brews, and you are on vacation... but it needn't mean you're going to have to go on a diet of Lettuce Soup when you get home.

On some of our guided tours, you can take advantage of our free health and fitness programme. John is a keen runner and takes an interest in general health and fitness. He needs to - an occupational hazard for a guide a slow, steady weight gain each season, courtesy of too many great restaurants meals. Clients who are into training and fitness are welcome to go for a run or exercise with John each morning before breakfast. In every place we stay at, we generally have a great running route mapped out. Additionally, John's interest in his own health has led him to research and experiment with various diets and eating styles until he found one that worked for him. If you're interested, he's more than happy to share his experience.

Taking a vacation needn't automatically mean you'll need to diet and do penance when you get home. Here's what one of our clients said recently:

Hey John,
Just wanted to thank you again for giving me the knowledge and tools to take control of my weight and fitness. If it wasn't for the daily runs, diet change, and The Ministry of Silly Walks (our morning lower body strength workout), I would probably still be struggling.

When I arrived in NZ in January, I was about 186lbs (84 kilos). As of today, I'm down to 161lbs (73 kilos), less than 12% body fat, I feel great, AND I'm still eating as much food as I really care to (I'm just eating a proper balance per the diet).

Thanks again,
Dave Pullen

No comments: